Saturday, February 6, 2010

Why not?

So I've decided to finally start a blog. Can't guarantee how well I'll keep up but I'll try to do my best.
So today was a pretty good day, I went to Kiara's baby shower for hers and Casey's first little baby. She's having a baby boy and she is one of the cutest pregnant girls ever!
I actually had the whole day off, (only because I requested it off) It was a good thing, I was able to make a wonderful dinner and relax with my family. Although I'm the only one not sick right now so it puts a little bit of a damper on things, poor Josie started coughing so hard she lost her dinner which was the first real thing she's eatin the last couple days so that was no fun. Her and Daddy have fallen asleep on the couch together, they both have the same thing so they can cuddle as much as they want. Luckily somehow I'm still feeling alright, after sleeping next to Josie all night on Thursday I thought I was doomed but it looks like I lucked out.
Chris is at his moms this weekend, but we'll get to pick him up at four tomorrow. I'm a little glad he's missed out on the germ fest, hopefully he comes home nice and healthy. He's such a good kid, he's been so helpful this week. I haven't slept well do to juggling medicine for Josie and Dan and the Vick's rub and the coughing and squirming, so he's been very self reliant in the morning getting as ready as possible for school. He's such a sweetheart! We've also put him on some herbal remedies for a.d.d, his teacher is adamant that he needs to be medicated but we refuse to just dose our child so we're trying all the herbal routes we can. He's taking very basic things like fish oil and gaba (something your brain naturally produces). The mixture we're trying now seems to be helping so we're hoping over time he'll be able to concentrate better.
For anyone I haven't talked to lately I've recently figured out I'm anemic, I was slightly anemic when I was pregnant and found out that my mother also has to take iron supplements daily. I have had a period of five or six months that I've felt so tired and honestly just thought I was being lazy, it never occurred to me something might be wrong till things got worse. Last week I became pretty ill, to the point where I didn't leave the couch unless I had to. I was so dizzy and weak, my friend Kim had called me the next day, I was feeling a little better but still not well by any means. I told her about everything that was wrong with me thinking I was crazy, maybe fatigued or something, when she told me that those were all symptoms of anemia. She also said women who are anemic when pregnant can have problems with it for the rest of their life, something my idiot doctor didn't bother mentioning! Anyway I started taking iron supplements and slowly started feeling better, about a week or more later I'm starting to feel like myself again! I can work out at the gym and not want to throw up and I'm not nearly as tired (this week doesn't count since I've been up half the night with someone) but I'm so grateful she brought that to my attention and that by simply taking some little pills I'm starting to feel so much better!
Well I think I've blabbed enough for one night. Take care, love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Yey for blogging! :)

    Hopefully everyone is 100% soon! Because if you think you are getting any more days off you are sorely mistaken. :)

    ReplyDelete