Sunday, February 21, 2010

Truth

So turns out I didn't dodge that bullet after all and I've spent the last week and a half sick as a dog. On the bright side at least I was well long enough to get my family through the tough part, and since Dan had already gone through everything he was the sweetest man alive and did everything he could do to make me feel better every step of the way. My heads finally starting to clear up and I thought I'd take that chance to write a bit.
My topic for today is going to be: What makes a good person? Please feel free to let me know your thoughts on this one cause apparently I'm in need of some help.
I'd like to think a good person is one that helps their neighbors and who willingly lends a hand to people they don't know, someone who thinks of others before themselves and will do anything to make someones day just a little better. Someone who would literally give their shirt off their back or give their last five bucks to a friend that needs it more than them. A person who always smiles no matter how bad things look. Someone who listens and lends a shoulder to cry on, a true friend. Charitable and unselfish, someone who doesn't rely on material goods no matter how bad they may want them. Puts their family first and lets them know how much their loved. Someone that will lend some of that love to anyone who needs it.
Their are so many qualities in a human being that are beautiful, too many for me to list them all. I'm so happy there are people out there with big hearts and loving souls, our world would be an awful place without them, some days I need a reminder that there are good people in this world and it's not all hate and violence.
I believe I am a good person and I try my hardest to do what I can, and some of you, if you knew every last thing about me, may judge and come to some different conclusions. But I don't see much wrong with how I live my life, I've always been different, a little off, not the norm, you all know this. I'm no prude, that's for sure, I'm not afraid to be who I am. But I may not tell you everything because you may not understand, and I see no reason to upset the ones I love over my personal views. I don't kill, I don't covet, I don't steal or commit adultery, I take my Sundays off, and I spend them with my wonderful family. So really what's left is my business and If you want to know I'll gladly tell you, but bottom line is somethings I don't just tell you to avoid any unnecessary uproar, I'm not going to change for anyone but myself, so please don't think otherwise. Love it or hate I am who I am and you may not like every last detail but I love you all just the way you are, so please do me a favor... and do the same for me. Love me for who I am because in reality you don't know everything about me, but I do and I'm smiling inside everyday because I'm happy with who I am.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! I just saw you had a blog... and I love it. This was such a wonderful post and I think you have one of the kindest hearts of anyone I've met. I am so glad that you wrote this and I second the fact that there ARE good people out there, even when the hate is overwhelming :)

    ReplyDelete